Website Edits & AdditionsHow do I add a new page?
Adding New Pages
- To add a new Page, click on the Pages tab in the left column and then click on Add New in the menu, or at the top of the page. A new blank page will appear.
- Add your page title and content to the new page. You have the option to Publish it immediately, or Save as a Draft and come back to it later if you’re not quite ready to publish.
- If the content you are adding is not unique (written by you) or has been copied from somewhere on the Internet, scroll down and click on Do Not Index.
Editing Existing Pages
- To edit existing content on your website, click on the Pages tab in the left column.
- Locate and click on the Page title you wish to edit or click on the Edit link that appears when you hover over the title. Your page content will appear and can be edited in Visual or Text (HTML) view.
- Once you’re happy with your content edits, click the Update button on the right side of the page.
- Go to your website, refresh the page and your updated content will appear.
* Please Note: Website edits may take a few minutes to appear on your live site. If you do not see the changes you’ve made after 10 minutes, contact your Website Success Manager (Premium Only) or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to delete one of your Pages, click on the Pages tab in the left column. Locate the page you wish to Delete and click on the Trash link that appears when you hover over the title.
- Once your page has been deleted, you will notice a new link appears at the top of the page titled “Trash”.
- To delete the Page permanently, click the Trash link, then click Delete Permanently beneath the title when hovering over it.
- To restore the page, click the Trash link, then click Restore beneath the title when hovering over it.
Adding Pages To the Menu
After you create your new page, you’ll need to look at your menu to decide where you can place it. Will it fit along the top or will you need to nestle it below another page?
Once you know where you want to place your page, you will go to ‘Menus’ and look for your page. If it’s a new page that you just created it will normally be at the top of ‘Pages’. Otherwise, you can search for the page you want to add. Once you see your page, check the box and click the ‘Add to Menu’ button.
This will add the page to the very bottom of the menu structure. Now you can drag and drop your page where you want it to go. In this example I’ve dragged and dropped the ‘Shock Wave Therapy’ page so that it will nestle under ‘Massage Therapy’. Now press the orange ‘Save Menu’ button.
Go back to your website, refresh the page and you’ll see your new page in the menu!
Adding a Hyperlink
- To add a hyperlink, simply highlight the text that would like to link and then click the Insert/Edit link button in the toolbar (add link button ).
- Enter the destination URL, then click the Add Link button.
*If you’re linking to a another website, we recommend that you check the box to Open the link in a new window/tab so your website visitors don’t leave your website.
See video below for more information on how to add or edit a link.
Editing a Hyperlink
- To edit a hyperlink, click once on the link within your page, and then click the Insert/Edit link button.
- Update the details in the popup window and then click the Update button.
Removing a Hyperlink
- To remove a hyperlink, click once on the link within your page, and then click the Unlink button. The hyperlink has now been removed.
To add content from a document, you’ll need to Paste As Text. There’s a button in the toolbar that will allow you to add text from a document, email, or PDF without the extra formatting which can cause your page to have undesirable code inserted.
When adding content to your website you should strive to provide unique content that is written by you or someone else specifically for your website.
If content has been copied from a third-party source, the page cannot be indexed* and it will not help with your ranking. If this is the case, we ask that you please click the Do Not Index button in the post.
*Indexing content allows the search engines such as Google to review your page’s information. If the page is not indexed, the search engines won’t see the page. Duplicate content found by search engines can cause your site to be penalized or be removed entirely from the search engines.
Adding an Image
- To add an image to a page, click the Add Media button, then click the Upload Files link.
- You can either drag and drop the file from your computer onto the dialog box, or click the Select Files button to locate and upload the file from your computer.
- Once the image has been uploaded, you’ll see the image properties appear in the right column. Within the properties you can add an image title, caption, alt text, description, size and alignment before inserting your image on the page.
- Once you’ve selected the options you like, click Insert into Post.
Editing or Deleting an Image
- In Visual view, click once on the image you wish to edit or delete. Two icons will appear in the upper left corner of the image.
- The icon on the left, Edit an Image button allows you to edit the image properties. The icon on the right, Delete an Image will delete the image.
Alternate Text: When adding a picture, it’s always a good idea to add an image description to the “Alt Text”. This allows the viewer to note what the image is, in the event that they can’t view it.
“Free” Images: Please note that it’s important to make sure that you have permission to use an image or photo before placing it on your website. If you didn’t take the picture yourself or have someone take it for you, you’ll have to purchase the rights to use the image on your website. There are many sites that you can purchase a photo at a reasonable fee. Google images are not free to use on your site. Here’s a blog post that highlights 21 different sites that offers free stock images.
Yes! You can add the embed code to the text view of a page. Directions can be found on the ‘Creating Blog Post‘ page.
Perfect Patients Syndicated ContentWhat are all these pages under 'Syndicated Pages?'
The pages located in the Syndicated Pages section are associated with all of the patient-focused content we’ve provided for your website. These pages may be found in your sidebar menu (older sites) and throughout your website, including techniques or procedures, stock content pages, newsletter articles, and any new information we publish for you.
Sure, if there is a particular page you would like removed from your site do the following:
- Go to the Pages > Syndicated Pages tab in the left column.
- Locate the page you wish to delete.
- Click once on the Trash link that appears when you hover over the title of the page.
Still have questions? Don’t hesitate to call or contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!